Welcome Everyone,
As I am sure you are aware I have been interested in working abroad as a nurse for many years now. Volunteering in Zambia reaffirmed this desire and made me realise that if I was to work abroad again it was important to devote myself to a longer placement, with education as the main focus therefore to make a small but sustainable change to a developing country. Since then I have been researching many different non-government organisations and have been offered a placement with a well established NGO to work as a HIV & STI nurse adviser in Vanuatu (South Pacific - See map) for one year.
I am unsure of the Internet avaiability but hope to update this page as I go.
I shall be leaving on Saturday 19th February 2011. I look forward to hearing from you,
Misslucyatinson x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- 11 Feb (1)
- 21 Feb (2)
- 01 Mar (2)
- 11 Mar (1)
- 13 Mar (1)
- 18 Mar (2)
- 25 Mar (1)
- 05 Apr (1)
- 11 Apr (1)
- 16 Apr (1)
- 28 Apr (2)
- 30 Apr (1)
- 22 May (1)
- 05 Jun (1)
- 25 Jun (1)
- 07 Jul (1)
- 18 Jul (1)
- 25 Jul (1)
- 02 Aug (1)
- 26 Aug (2)
- 03 Oct (1)
- 27 Oct (1)
- 14 Nov (1)
- 21 Nov (1)
- 31 Dec (1)
- 01 Jan (1)
- 10 Jan (1)
- 21 Feb (1)
- 22 Apr (1)
- 04 Jun (1)
- 12 Jun (1)
- 25 Oct (1)
- 12 Nov (1)
- 14 Dec (1)
- 17 Feb (2)
- 05 Mar (1)
10 comments:
Hey Lucy,
Great to hear that you are well and doing some great things where you are. It must be a pretty amazing experience doing what you are doing.
Keep us updated on how things go and what you are up to.
Have bookmarked your blog, so will keep an eye out for it.
Dickie.
Yeah, good luck Lu! I probably won't get the opportunity to see you before you go, but I'll be thinking of you. Send me back some of that Kava root, but not more than 2kg because that would be illegal! Bon voyage ;) xx
(adam)
You'll have a great time Lucy, I know you know that! We'll miss you! Looking forward to Thursday! What is this awful font?! :P
Wow, quick work, blog all up n running! yep amazing, hope to see you before you go XX
Hi Lucy,
This looks like an amazing place and a really good post for you. I really hope you manage to get some time off to swim with dolphins etc. It won't be hard to say goodbye to England in February. Have a great time.
lots of love Sarah, David, Max and Joe x
we will follow the blog
Hello Lucy
So sorry we haven't had a chance to say goodbye properly but we shall be thinking of you in what looks like such an amazing place. I'm sure you'll have some wonderful experiences both working and relaxing. Look forward to following your blog. We all wish you well and shall miss you. Lots of love Katie, Simon and Joe XXX
I know it's not going to be a holiday and that you will be working really hard, but you are so lucky to get this opportunity Lucy. Make the most of every single minute, but don't over work yourself...allow yourself some rest and relaxation time enjoying being in an amazing part of the world :-)
Good Luck,
Luv Suz xxxx
Looks beautiful luc, you'll meet some amazing people. I expect to see a fine example of the tribal ritual upon your return including full dance routine and leaf attire :)
p.s i now have my minstrel rations for the next 6 months, is it 3 bags or 4?
xxx
Morning Emma! Just wanted to confess that for breakfast all we were given was a pain au chocolate, although once I get some money I shall be sticking to my minstrel ration. I have four bags all together and once I arrive in Vanuau Lava rationing will be a lot easier.
Village stay this weekend, so maybe the start of some hip shaking!
Thank you to both of you for coming to th airport with me. Appreciation xxx
Lucy! We love you! Brighton Naked Bike Ride was cold and wet because you were away, but there were a hardcore group of 300 cyclists including me and Helen who did a quicker tour of Brighton, with some back street dancing - was pretty awesome.
I found some awesome artwork in the street too, and a wallet with £35 which went to the police station, and am starting an 'Afro Beat' project with some new guys and generally getting things sorted, including degree! When ur back, I will be hopefully in a good new place.
Love Dave x
Post a Comment