Friday, 26 August 2011


Dearest readers and welcome back to the twists and turns that make up my life.
I’ve been robbed, about 70 quid or should I say “mani I loos” the blame has been quickly put upon a young boy that lives next door, now I am to wait until he buys…. let me think… what is there to buy in Sola, breakfast crackers, 10 jars of peanut butter? Who knows? I reported it to the police, I was to write a report on the Wednesday but he was at the football, I went back on the Thursday, same story, football, the Friday, yep, football.
Water has stopped running due to the heavy rains blocking the pipe, benzene has been short for a while, meaning limited electricity and then gas cylinder finished, meaning I had to eat else where and all in the same week! Just yufala tink about, time when you’re having a hot shower, cup of coffee or reading your book at night…. Just think about the wonderful resources we have. Enjoy and appreciate!
Honestly, although there are times that are a little challenging, I am happy. I stop and think about my neighbours. There is no running water, lighting and gas in most houses. The concept that gas flows into your house in the Uk (as long as you pay) is beyond logic to some people here. I am truly lucky.
I passed through Santo and Efate for a week’s work on my way to a well earned rest in the Uk. Time has gone so fast, nearly the end of my holiday. As you can imagine don’t want to be stuck to this computer and have been taking a breather. I shall get back to the blog when I am on the road back to the southern hemisphere.
Lucy x

Blog Archive